Help with replacement pumps

Jul 24, 2016
Fayetteville
So I moved into a house with this hot tub about a year and a half ago. From what I know it is a Maui brand, installed in 2007. I've got the chemistry side down pretty well (thanks to this website!), however am pretty clueless when it comes to the mechanical parts.

A few months ago it kept popping the circuit breaker every time that it came on, so I removed the front panel and found the control board, and unplugged things one at a time until it kept working. Turns out it was the "blower" that was the problem. I read that the blower is pretty much optional, so did not worry about replacing it.

Today I took all of the cabinet panels off to paint them, and noticed that the "blower" was actually another pump. The pump that is still working sounds like its on its last leg as well, so I was planning replacing that while I had all of the panels off. I guess now I need to replace both pumps.

I have no idea where to start as far finding replacements. I'm not real picky and not looking to spend a fortune, I figure we'll probably get a new hot tub eventually, but trying to buy a few more years at least. I'm wide open to any suggestions!

The current pump(s) are: Aqua-flo, flo-master XP2e model# 93577375, "CONT. HP"- 3.0/375, " MBHP"- 5.0, Volts 230, amps 12.5/4.3

IMG_0128.jpg

Yes sorry, looks like Four Winds is the actually manufacturer ?

I wasn't sure if spa pumps were pretty interchangeable or not, seems like there are quite a few different types though. That one doesn't look bad at all.

Unfortunately I also noticed a little water at the bottom of the cabinet on one side.....For the last week or so I had noticed that the level seemed to be dropping a bit. It has been freezing here recently though, and my cover definitely needs to be replaced, so I had chalked it up to evaporation. Now it appears there must be a leak somewhere. I'm going to have someone check it out professionally this week.

Hopefully it's still even salvageable at this point..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.