Help with Pool Stain

arin

Sep 21, 2013
Lincoln, Ca.
Woke up yesterday to this stain. Assumed it was organic so I pushed CL to shock level (CL31, PH7.6) but the stain isn't going away. Always used TFP pool method so never introduced any metals. Any suggestions on how to remove it?

hfNbK4NIQoGh8wwsAvq62w.jpghfNbK4NIQoGh8wwsAvq62w.jpg

It's probably iron from something iron sitting on the surface.

Is it on the wall or floor?

Try ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

If it goes away and comes back, it's probably coming from in the plaster from a wire tie or rebar.

Haven’t done anything with metal by the pool. When I first found it I went to broom it and noticed a light brown saturated marble sized ball of something sitting over the darkest point of the stain but once I broomed it that disappeared. That’s what made me think it was organic so I pushed the CL to shock level, but it hasn’t gone away with 24hrs shock. How do I apply an AA treatment to see if it’s iron?

To follow up I tried crushed vitamin C in a sock and it seemed to lighten the stain so I proceeded to neutralize the CL move PH down to 7.2 and treat the pool with ascorbic acid. Unfortunately the ascorbic acid didn't work so I had the pool builder come out and they verified that it is something in the plaster, wire or rebar so I am proceeding forward with a repair from the pool builder. Any information on a proper repair would be helpful and again thank you TFP for being being a solid resource.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.