Help with plumbing/installation of Raypak 6450 Heat Pump

Lvelez250

May 25, 2020
York, PA
Hello friends,

Our pool is 5 years old and we added a heat pump last weekend. My husband is very handy and has a HVAC background so did a self install. We are getting a high pressure trip on the unit when it's on. We have 1.5" plumbing however the heat pump is 2". Our pump is also a 1.5 HP, I'm wondering if our pump is too small or we need to add longer 2" pipe coming from filter to the heat pump? My husband was planning on moving the heat pump this weekend closer to the rest of the equipment thinking that may be the issue? Any insight is appreciated!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 21
I haven't done one of these heat pumps before but it sounds like one of 2 things. Do you happen to have the code or readout? Either the switch is bad or the unit is overcharged. Have him put a set of guage on the lines and see what its doing

Reactions: Lvelez250
My husband moved the heater to be closer this weekend and hooked it back up only to have it trip again. Had someone come out this morning and the high pressure switch is bad. Very frustrating that we have had this heater and haven't been able to use it yet. Left as message for Raypak this morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.