Help with pH test read

pH 7.8

Yes, you have chlorine the pool.

Use your FAS/DPD chlorine test to determine the ppm.

This is my 1st time using tf-100 test kit and I am not confident reading the result. Does this test mean I have 5+ chlorine and 7.8~8.0 pH? Thanks.
Yep!..pH likely about 7.9.

That chlorine test (OTO) is ok. We recommend using the FAS-DPD test for chlorine (the one with the powder). Super accurate. You can use the 10mL sample size. Every drop is .5 FC.

Congrats!!

So here's what I do. I take a finger from each hand and block out the number above and below the one I want to compare. I find it way easier to ask if *this one* looks like that color without the others luring me to second guess myself.

Screenshot_20230208_115730_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230208_115815_Photo Editor.jpg

I'd call it 7.8 or 7.9 and wait it out.

Also, the chlorine side is really just for chlorine presence. Taylor follows the industry regulations and there is no need to ever be over 4 that way. It's only accurate at 1-3 and even that isn't very accurate. Use the powder fas/dpd test to get good FC readings. (10 ml to save drops and each drop is .5) that's plenty close enough and a 2.5 or 2.2 doesn't matter. It's a *2* and you need chlorine STAT.

Thank you all for your prompt responses.

So here's what I do. I take a finger from each hand and block out the number above and below the one I want to compare. I find it way easier to ask if *this one* looks like that color without the others luring me to second guess
This is really helpful, thanks!

Reactions: Newdude
I take a finger from each hand and block out the number above and below the one I want to compare.

Sometimes in life the simplest solutions to our problems are right in front of us. As a first time pool owner, just starting out, this was a problem I am struggling with. Color overload. Thank you for this tip.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.