Jun 2, 2022
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I'm very new to pool ownership. Help me Trouble Free Pool, you're my only hope.

I've attached a picture that is hopefully worth a thousand words. When replacing the pressure gauge, I think I overtightened it because I noticed a small crack in the plastic where the gauge attaches to the filter (a Pentair Tagelus sand filter). There is a VERY small amount of water that slowly drips from the crack when the filter is running.

The crack seems very minor, so I'm hoping I can either leave it as is or simply apply some epoxy like JB Waterweld to seal it up. Otherwise, since the gauge appears to attach straight to the main valve assembly (probably incorrect terminology), I think I'd need to replace the entire valve which is a $300 part plus labour (?) (e.g. link to part on amazon), which seems overkill.

I welcome any comments and suggestions! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• tempImagesqSTGl.png
    tempImagesqSTGl.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 34
Welcome to TFP! :wave: That's a bummer. :brickwall: Normally when female inserts crack like that from too much pressure, it's not repairable. Doesn't help it's on the pressure side of things either. Something to watch carefully so that the pressure gauge doesn't come flying out of there like a rocket. You might limp along for a while. Time will tell. Monitor closely.

I'm very new to pool ownership. Help me Trouble Free Pool, you're my only hope.

I've attached a picture that is hopefully worth a thousand words. When replacing the pressure gauge, I think I overtightened it because I noticed a small crack in the plastic where the gauge attaches to the filter (a Pentair Tagelus sand filter). There is a VERY small amount of water that slowly drips from the crack when the filter is running.

The crack seems very minor, so I'm hoping I can either leave it as is or simply apply some epoxy like JB Waterweld to seal it up. Otherwise, since the gauge appears to attach straight to the main valve assembly (probably incorrect terminology), I think I'd need to replace the entire valve which is a $300 part plus labour (?) (e.g. link to part on amazon), which seems overkill.

I welcome any comments and suggestions! Thanks in advance.
I suggest to add pool putty or JB waterweld then install a clamp to tighten this crack and add another pool putty or JB waterweld on top. Make sure to go beyond the crack as you can. Do NOT run the pump before fixing it. Otherwise the crack will open more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.