Help with opening

May 20, 2017
cortland, oh
New to pool care. Used Baqucil last year nightmare. ended with pink slime thought all was out. But upon lifting off the cover found bottom covered with slim. Want to convert to chlorine, will not have pump running for at least a week, as we are on a waiting list for H2O. anything I can do before?? I have a taylor K-2006 kit.

Hi :)

Welcome to TFP.

While waiting for a pump, the best advice would be to go to pool school link at the top of the page and start reading up on pool chemistry. You also may need to order more reagents for your test kit. Refills can be had at tftestkits.net

Here is the link to baq conversion process. Pool School - Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine

But read up on ABC's of pool water chemistry as well. Ask questions here and members here can help get you through the conversion.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Not much you can do until you are able to circulate water. So for now, I'd simply read-up on the TFP Pool School - Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine page and start stocking-up on bleach. Something we have made it a point to start asking in advance .. have you added ANY other products to the water that may contain CDX, CYA (stabilizer) or anything? It will influence your conversion.

Lastly, you will do a lot of FC testing. Make sure you have enough R-0870 (powder) and R-0871 (drops) to sustain the transition. Your first week will need a lot of tests. Let us know if we can help with anything else before your pump arrives. Nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.