Help with new set up

Jan 19, 2017
West Palm/fl
Hello I am new to this forum and have been looking at everyone's threads for info as I am a new pool owner. I have a setup question if anyone can help. I have a 7000 gunite pool and bought the hayward pro logic pl-p4, with the t3 cell. I also purchased the hayward hp50ha heater. It gives directions for control of the heater in manual for plp4 but don't see those terminals on the heater. I am also running a hayward maxflo vsp . The one with automation control. Any help on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on installing everything and would love some wisdom. I live in south fl so that is why I went with that heater also it states that it cools water but very vague in description.

Hi! Love to see another FL person! Your pool season will increase with that heater!

With so much going on with your addition I think having a electrician that KNOWS pool setup would be the best bet. You do not want to take any chances of messing anything up and ruining something :(

Kim:kim:

Thanks for the welcome. Part of the reason why I am attempting to do it myself is because the pool company wanted so much money to do the work. That's why I waited till after they were done to do it. I do control wiring, and hydrolic lines on elevators for a living, I know it's different but same concept. It's just their directions and manuals are so vague. I'm pretty sure I use control wiring outputs on heater pcb but more or less which ones to put where.

Thanks for the welcome. Part of the reason why I am attempting to do it myself is because the pool company wanted so much money to do the work. That's why I waited till after they were done to do it. I do control wiring, and hydrolic lines on elevators for a living, I know it's different but same concept. It's just their directions and manuals are so vague. I'm pretty sure I use control wiring outputs on heater pcb but more or less which ones to put where.

Well if you can do THAT for a living...................I think they are vague for a reason. They do not want the "everyday" person with little to know experience trying to work on it.

I also know some will not do warranty if a licensed person does not install it.

Kim:kim:

Thanks I got it all hooked up today, everything is working properly just the heat pump does not seem to be making a lot of heat. I have never owned one before but the water input temp was 73 and output 77, now the water input is. 76 but the output didn't go up any. Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.