Help with Jandy LXi heater/24v

Gaspasr

Oct 3, 2018
COLLEGE STATION
Been trying to troubleshoot my Jandy LXi 400p heater. When it stopped working (display dead), I encountered the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and got nothing. I found the troubleshooting manual online and found no 24v coming from red wire on transformer. I checked the blue and black wire at the power distribution board and it read 114v (unit is wired for 240v)...ironically the the white and black yielded 134v. The manual only says to check the position of the conversion board if the voltage does not match. I figured a faulty transformer so I ordered an OEM replacement. Installed it and nothing. So next I bought a replacement power distribution board and the same issue. I have checked the power distribution board and it is receiving 244v (at B and C) and each line to ground wire reads around 122v. I am completely lost as to why no 24v is coming out from transformer. Faulty OEM replacement? I am lost. Thanks in advance!

Gaspasr

Oct 3, 2018
COLLEGE STATION
I would like to add that the old power distribution board did not appear burnt at all. I also checked the old transformer with my ohm meter and it looks like it's shot.

Gaspasr

Oct 3, 2018
COLLEGE STATION
And just now, I checked the "new" transformer and it displays the same readings as the one I removed. 5.8 ohms on the high voltage side/infinity on the low voltage side. Hope this info helps.

sktn77a

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Not familiar with this particular heater but I'm wondering why there's a 240v feed to a low voltage control circuit board. I take it you are in College Station, PA?

Gaspasr

Oct 3, 2018
COLLEGE STATION
The 240v goes into the power distribution board which then goes to the transformer. Im going to buy another transformer and test it before installing. Btw College Station TX

sktn77a

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Ah, OK, Texas. The reason I asked was in case you're in a 240v country.

Might be time to bite the bullet and admit defeat (I hate doing that)!

:(

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.