Help with Intellichlor connection

jacksoto

Jul 11, 2023
Zapotillo1
Hey everyone,

I’m facing an issue with my Intellichlor60 salt water generator for my pool, and I’m hoping to get some guidance from the community. Here’s the problem:

I’ve noticed that both the cell light or/cold water light and the booster light, don’t turn on. After examining the connections, I noticed that two of them appear to be burnt. Now, I’m unsure about the necessary steps to resolve this issue. Do I need to change the SCG board, replace the cable, or just the connector?

I would greatly appreciate any insights or experiences you have had with similar situations. I have attached some photos as well

Attachments

• 71081114395__BF7B5ED9-41F6-4194-B127-835604E96D85.jpeg
    71081114395__BF7B5ED9-41F6-4194-B127-835604E96D85.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 71081116165__C1EC2AFF-619F-4DC7-A848-2CBC53A8CAAE.jpeg
    71081116165__C1EC2AFF-619F-4DC7-A848-2CBC53A8CAAE.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    491.5 KB · Views: 7
Jack,

The failure could have happened because the contacts in the white connector were dirty and over time, the bad connection just kept getting hotter and hotter until it failed.. Or, the cell could have gone bad and drew too much current from the surge card.

If this was my system I'd want to test the output of the surge card without the white connector plugged in. The AC input to the card should be about 28 Volts AC. The card turns this into DC voltage and I would expect the output would be 30 to 40 volts DC.

The problem is, I would not want to use the white connector that is now soldered to the surge card. I am not sure if you can buy the connector or not.

I would not use the burned cable.. I know you can buy the whole cable, I am not sure you can buy just the white connector,

I'd want to visually inspect the other end of the cable, where the IC60 plugs in.. If the pins in the white connector got burned, the pins in the other end of the cable could also be burned.

Once you have the surge card and cable repaired and working, then I'd plug the cell in and see what happens. Unfortunately, there is no way to know if the cell has been damaged without connecting it to DC power.

You must have old EasyTouch or IntelliTouch, as that surge card is the one that is normally used in the standalone Power Center.

Did you automation come with the salt system installed, or did someone modify it???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

thanks for your brief response. I moved in to this home about 2-3 years ago, so the system was already installed. Its an EasyTouch as well.

I think one thing to note is that when i start the power all the lights appear, eventually the lights. mentioned turn off.

Before noticing the white connector I changed the flow switch as it was bad.

I don’t know much about electricity but I will test the volts per your indication. So question, if the connector got burnt does that mean I have to replace the board as well?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.