Help with IC40 troubleshooting

Jun 18, 2017
Phoenix
Hello everyone

My IC40 top LED is flashing green (high salt), The reading on the intellitouch panel salt level is 000, Salt tested and it is within the recommended level. There is no chlorine production from the cell. Flow sensor was replaced a year ago , the unit is 4 years old. when i run diagnostic the first it shows use of 40%, Cold water red LED and Cell light is green. Then it goes to flashing red of cold water and flow. Water temperature is in 80s and flow is good on cleaning mode. other numbers are good on testing, ORP sensor is a month old. Your help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 10
How did you test your salt level and what is the ppm?

Either your cell is depleted or you have a bad thermistor in the cell.

You can cut the green wire coming from the flow switch and going to the cell. This will remove the thermistor from the circuit and the cell will automatically use an internal resistor. If the cell works after you have cut the wire, then a new flow switch should fix your salinity problem.

I took it to Leslie’s to test. salt was 3800 ppm. My flow switch has no green wire. It has 3 wires, black, red and white. The green wire coming from the cell is not attached to anything.
I appreciate your help

Attachments

• C4B0D7B6-FCEA-4740-A463-15A13240233A.jpeg
    C4B0D7B6-FCEA-4740-A463-15A13240233A.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 10
Cut the white wire.

Note that your flow switch/thermister has already been replaced once.

My bet is your cell is depleted and needs to be replaced.

You should get a Taylor K-1766 Salt Test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.