Help with High PH & FC with SWG

tpirovol

Jun 17, 2020
Toronto
Hi Everyone,

A few days ago I added 150ml of MA after my PH was at 7.8. Today my PH is 8.2 how can I get it down and stay down to a normal level and what could have caused this spike. It rained very little yesterday but its windy and had a lot of leaves in the pool today.

Also I am still fine-tuning my SWG. I had it at 25% for the first week and it was generating 1.5 FC. This week it was at 5 so I dropped it down slowly and now its at 10% and still at 4 FC. How do I know when I should leave it?

FC = 4
TA = 112
CYA = 40
CH = 185
Salt = 3300
PH = 82

Thanks T

A few things dictate the increase in pH rising like new plaster curing, aeration from a waterfall, spillway, bubblers, etc, and an elevated TA. Not sure how you got those test results because they do not appear to be from a Taylor K-2006C that we recommend, but if your TA is indeed over 100, you could afford to lower the TA down to about 70 or so and that should help slow the rise in pH.

As for the FC, an FC of 4 is just fine as you can see from the FC/CYA Levels. Your CYA is a bit low for a salt pool, but if the FC is holding well you can leave it for now.

See more on our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.