Help with connecting / adding water feature

Jun 12, 2015
Dallas, Texas
There is a 2" dedicated line that was put in when the pool was installed for the purpose of adding a water feature. I have a 3-way valve that can be adjusted between the return jets to the pool and the water feature line.

I'm still working on the overall design (using methods of "decorating" pvc to look like bamboo, etc.), without using using heavy stones or rocks. But as far as the actual exit point(s), I plan to us smaller sized pvc to create multiple spouts or a small cascade.

My first question what is the best way to connect the existing 2" pvc to use smaller sized pvc? Secondly, even though I can control the flow from the 3-way port, do I need to add a ball valve at the water feature location for additional control?

I've illustrated where the flex line leads up to the pool since I have everything temporarily covered in weed fabric. (and all the oak tree debris!)

3 way valve.jpg
Three way valve to return jets and water feature line.

Line drawing.jpg

V,

In my mind you do not need any additional valves unless you have two water features and you want to make them have the same flow..

Home Depot sells reducers that will allow you to connect your 2" PVC to what ever size you want..

Good luck with your project,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.