Help with a liquid chlorine feeder

n00bling

Sep 10, 2021
Sydney
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

I have a liquid chlorine feeder the previous owner installed before I moved in (moved in 3 months ago). The feeder turns on and the dial rotates, but I'm not sure that it's working properly. The inlet tube that sucks the liquid chlorine from the barrel has air bubbles in it while the outlet tube that goes back to the pool looks mostly empty. Is that normal? I assumed the outlet tube would be full of chlorine. I have noticed the air bubbles for both the inlet and outlet tubes goes in the right direction but then will occasionally go the wrong direction back towards the liquid chlorine barrel.

I'm not sure what I need to do to start diagnosing so any direction or references I can read to get myself up to scratch will be helpful.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20211121_164817.jpg
    20211121_164817.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 14
Here's a dumb question as you don't have any poolmath logs - how's your FC levels? How often are you testing? Post up a full set of results.
Important to understand your water chemistry first to then understand if this thing is even working... you know, proof is in the pudding and all.

N,

I know nothing about your specific system, but the tubes that move the chlorine from the tank and into the pool plumbing have to be replace every 6 months to a year...

That would be the first thing I would try.

Thanks,

Jim R.

N,

I looked at the manual and it appears to be very similar to our Stenner pump system.. If you don't have the manual you can find it on line. It talks about replacing the tube once a year. Also cleaning the injection port, etc..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.