Help which might it be the Aqua Rite 20 panel board or a dying cell?

cheshirenc

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 20, 2014
Outer Banks, NC
Hope for any help as I keep getting conflicting information. We have a Goldline Aqua Rite 20 with original panel board and black discs installed circa 2007 and are currently on our second cell a Hayward GLX Cell 5 which is 4 years old. We started getting lower than normal salt readings for any normal loss of salt. It won't read over 1900.

Finally, after realizing others were adding salt without testing salinity I tested the salt in the pool using strips, reagents and taking to a pool store. The reagents and pool store readings were the closest with the strips not far behind currently at 5000.

We have cleaned the cell.

Our panel board is not reading high salt as it should it is still reading low salt and inspect cell
current panel readings are:
SWG Diagnostics:
86 temp F
32.2 cell voltage
0.00 cell current
55 P we usually set this at 30% but had moved it when first discovered a problem
-0 instant salt level
AL-0 program code
r 1.40 board revision
t- 5 cell size

we've been told if the cell current is zero then the problem is with the board, but then told by someone else if the cell isn't generating then the current would also be zero. Half the people say it is the board and the other half believes it is the cell. I can't remember what happened when we replaced the cell before to direct us definitely to the cell being the issue.

We believe we are on the short end life of the cell but don't want to replace the cell to find out it is a board issue and replacing both separately appears to be more expensive than replacing both with the Hayward Aqua Rite newer system.

And of course, we have to deal with the overabundance of salt in the pool as well.

Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.

The cell size isn't showing in the diagnostic readings, is it?

Do you have a picture of the main circuit board?

Ok, turned it off and waited and came up with these numbers
1800 w/ generating light
2.48 then when salt & inspect cell came on & it went to 0.00
54 p
-1700 then -0 when salt & cell light trigger back on
Al -0
r 1.40

Photos of the board with power off

attempting to attach a photo of the board

Ok, I think that it's probably a bad cell. You might be able to go to a T-15 cell if the back board has a jumper setting.

Check the back board for the jumper that allows you to select a T5 or t15.

You will have to remove the display board to check.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.