Help, what is happening to my pebble-sheen pool?

csam

Sep 25, 2023
Venice, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hi, I’ve brushed with a steel brush almost daily, have added every algae treatment, shocked and seems useless, what could this be and how do I fix it. (Pebble sheen, salt, 8600 gallons). So appreciate any ideas, thx…🙏

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    741.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2624.jpeg
    IMG_2624.jpeg
    697.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2615.jpeg
    IMG_2615.jpeg
    706 KB · Views: 48
Welcome to TFP.

Looks like copper metal stains or maybe iron.

What algaecides have you added to the water? Many have copper in them.

Can you list all the chemicals and brands you have added to the pool?

Brushing will not remove stains.

Hi, I’ve brushed with a steel brush almost daily, have added every algae treatment, shocked and seems useless, what could this be and how do I fix it. (Pebble sheen, salt, 8600 gallons). So appreciate any ideas, thx…🙏
See above, but looks like metal staining. How have you been chlorinating the water?

Thank you so much for your quick response.
I have installed PoolRx+ in the pump basket, Leslie's black algae remover, Dohenny's super algaside plus, MacGrayel Algatec, Natural Chemistry Instant pool conditioner, and Pool Perfect with Phos Free and cal-hypo shock-3-4 times in the last month... I have tried everything, should have come here first. Would so appreciate you epertise...

Thank you so much for your quick response.
I have installed PoolRx+ in the pump basket, Leslie's black algae remover, Dohenny's super algaside plus, MacGrayel Algatec, Natural Chemistry Instant pool conditioner, and Pool Perfect with Phos Free and cal-hypo shock-3-4 times in the last month... I have tried everything, should have come here first. Would so appreciate you epertise...

PoolRX contains copper. We do not recommend using any of the products listed.

Stop adding all these magic potions.

First rule of TFP is do not add any chemical to your pool that you do not know why you are adding it and what effect you expect it to have.

Do the stain ID test to confirm its copper, You can use Jack's Magic treatments that contain sulfamic acid to lift the copper stains, and then you should drain the pool and fill it with fresh water.

Then follow TFPC Methods and stay out of Pool Stores.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.