HELP, was our skimmer set too low.

Ah, yes I missed that the first time. Probably not structural, and in most pools there is decking all the way around so it's not visible even if there are voids under the coping but yes, seems like filling those would be ideal if you ever plan to look at the pool from that side.

Regarding that line, I think that's a grout line between the tiles going into the skimmer as seen through the wavy surface of the water. It's visible in the original post of the thread before there was any water.

Reactions: kellyfair
Hi everyone sorry, things have been very busy. I appreciate everyone’s feedback so you guys definitely deserve an update.

So to answer the last question 2” was added just to the back of the pool when they went to put the coping in and level it they had to build the back up to be level with the front.

So my builder did come out here to check it out and he assured me it was not a problem and in reality skimmer are set even lower to accommodate pools with auto covers. He still insists they would fix it if it causes a problem in the future which he says he can pretty much guarantee it won’t. I know not so reassuring typically, however he came highly recommended from someone we know who builds homes and he has built tons of them for him including his. He is also a nice guy that I do trust will stand behind his product.

So last Tuesday the pool was plastered and it finished filling Thursday, we did pool school Friday. I’ve been brushing away and took the water to be tested today and added a bunch of acid.

The pool builder has been very responsive to questions and had a tech out to work on a couple white spots in the plaster. Not sure if this is a trick of the trade but it worked. He used granular acid in a sock that he tied to the end of a poll to slowly and carefully work out the spots. They came out so I was very happy.

NPT Quartzscape in French grey is the color and the pool is beautiful.

Thanks again for everyone’s help.
The pool (and house!) look stunning. I love how everything came together
Hi everyone sorry, things have been very busy. I appreciate everyone’s feedback so you guys definitely deserve an update.

So to answer the last question 2” was added just to the back of the pool when they went to put the coping in and level it they had to build the back up to be level with the front.

So my builder did come out here to check it out and he assured me it was not a problem and in reality skimmer are set even lower to accommodate pools with auto covers. He still insists they would fix it if it causes a problem in the future which he says he can pretty much guarantee it won’t. I know not so reassuring typically, however he came highly recommended from someone we know who builds homes and he has built tons of them for him including his. He is also a nice guy that I do trust will stand behind his product.

So last Tuesday the pool was plastered and it finished filling Thursday, we did pool school Friday. I’ve been brushing away and took the water to be tested today and added a bunch of acid.

The pool builder has been very responsive to questions and had a tech out to work on a couple white spots in the plaster. Not sure if this is a trick of the trade but it worked. He used granular acid in a sock that he tied to the end of a poll to slowly and carefully work out the spots. They came out so I was very happy.

NPT Quartzscape in French grey is the color and the pool is beautiful.

Thanks again for everyone’s help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.