NYC Area
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Does anyone have any experience (for better or for worse) with this similar set up?

I will get more interior pictures tomorrow but aside from what you can see in the pictures we have dual side by side skimmer cloth-baskets. These baskets are very long (maybe 3 feet). I don’t have a main drain inside the pool so perhaps there is one inside the skimmer. The return jet is just below and next to the skimmer frame which doesn’t seem efficient.

At minimum I am trying to identify parts because I need to replace these cloth-baskets. I would call them basket-socks but there is not plastic basket the the “socks” line.

Long term I would love to know options to replace this set up (the skimmer box cover sits above the deck and is a tripping hazard), and the return being close to the skimmer seems inefficient for a heater.

Attachments

• 9F787BFF-3722-42A5-8C54-177B8F03DC81.jpeg
    9F787BFF-3722-42A5-8C54-177B8F03DC81.jpeg
    722.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 72A742BC-7601-4248-A979-35D5A50FCA19.jpeg
    72A742BC-7601-4248-A979-35D5A50FCA19.jpeg
    760.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 3E8E7F7E-7749-4B35-82C0-3DCC12064B1D.jpeg
    3E8E7F7E-7749-4B35-82C0-3DCC12064B1D.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 12
Adding a couple of more reasons for trying to figure this all out: (1) I would like to know if I can use my own manual vacuum or robovac to clean the pool (the pool service company brings their own hand held pump to use) and (2) the fabric baskets (socks?) inside the skimmer always float up... I would like to know if a piece is broken that should lock them into play or if there are any other alternatives out there to stop this from happening. Once they float up debris can get into the pump line and quickly clogs up my leaf basket at the motor.

Clueless,

I think the problem is that none of us here have ever seen the set up you have...

Keep in mind that we are all volunteers and that most of us are just pool owners with a passion for pools and TFP.

Let me send out the bat signal and see if anyone has seen your set up... It is very unusual..

Calling @JamesW @jimmythegreek @mas985 @Pool Clown

Anyone see this set up???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim R and James W - I was very reluctant to make my last post and sound like a petulant child but I am at my wits end and tired after 2 weeks of google searches and google image searches.

THANK YOU for taking the time to reply I appreciate it!

I must admit the Desjoyaux set up looks very similar but according to the video the first pools in the USA to use this technology were only recently installed here. Also, my filter is not under ground - the skimmers are piped back to the a Hayward pro series sand filter.

thank you all and thanks for sending up the bat signal!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm pretty sure that it's Desjoyaux. I would contact them. If it's not them, they will probably know who it is.
I will - I will follow any lead. I don’t want to get my
hopes up too high because this pool is 30 years old and the video says D-Aux just started in the USA recently but hey, you never know!

I will let you guys know what I find out.

I've never come across this. I have seen that YouTube clip and its the first thing that came to mind. I wouldnt be surprised if it's a clone of that system pre dated. Have you carefully looked with a flashlight on all the access lids and parts for a name or #s

Hello All - thanks again.

I do have a Hayward sand filter and an above ground pump/motor. I just recently installed a tropical sq120r as well which made me realize how ineffective my skimmer/drain in close proximity to my return is (heated water gets sucked right back into the drain).

I have searched the forum for Desjoyaux and it seems like they have built/design pools in the US decades ago, then left the states for some time only to return. Upon looking at their “parts” store it seems like this is in fact exactly the system I have...

the bad news is, this is in fact exactly the system I have haha.

seems like there are many posts on the forums and I’m reading through them now.

thank you very much - if you have experience with Desjoyaux pools , specifically with retrofitting them to new filtration and adding in extra returns I would love to hear about it.

Also - how can I vacuum with this set up?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.