Help w balance

Found the answer. . Non chlorine shock creates test interference. It also prevents new combined chlorine but doesn’t eliminate old combined chlorine. So it better as a preventive. Once the CC is high, slam is way to go. Maybe my forever clean had some of this in it? So it’s possible my pool is clean?

So I either have interference or non removed CC?

Either way, how long will it take the test to be normal?

Sorry -- did not mean to come off that way. I really ask you to read and follow the SLAM Process. It is quite straightforward, on the process to follow and the endpoints that show completion.

Do not worry nor test for CC until you have passed the main criteria for a successful SLAM, crystal clear water. With no dead algae whatsoever on the floor of the pool. Only test for CC in the morning test of the OCLT.

Reactions: Joe DeRenzo
Phosphates are of no concern. Another pool store fallacy.
If the pool is crystal clear, no dead algae debris, and no FC loss overnight, revert to normal maintenance. Your previous testing of Cc must be from interference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.