Help troubleshooting Aquarite with T15

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I recently purchased a new T15 cell for my Aquarite. The reason I purchased a new cell was my old one kept flashing check cell and low salt warnings. I did have it tested at my local store and it tested ok on the Hayward test unit at 2 stores. I didn’t completely trust the testing though so I bought a new one from Chlorinator Pro, and at least I’d have a semi working spare.
After installing the new unit, I immediately attempted the recalibration procedure on the aquarite and during the countdown the salt level display would only reach 2900.
After letting it run for a day, I noticed that the readings on the Aquarite are pretty far off. New cell says I am between -3000 and +2800 depending on the polarity of the unit at the time. My salt level has been tested at a little over 2600 again with my test kit and 2 local stores all within +-100 ppm.
Yesterday I noticed that the Aquarite was flashing check cell (no low salt though as it thought the calculated salt level was 2900) This is a similar issue to what I saw with the old cell. The negative instant salt reading was pretty far off the positive one although the numbers were about -2600 and +2400.

It’s a little hard to believe that I have 2 goofy cells (though possible sure) I am leaning toward a controller issue. I do have one of the newer Aquarite controllers with the thermistor relay bypass. I guess this relay could be goofed up or the thermistor could be faulty, but I haven’t heard of thermistor failure on the newer controllers.

Any thoughts on what and how I can narrow this issue down?
Thanks everyone!

I am still researching the issue (if there is one) I again reset the inspect cell light and noticed that it came on again during the late afternoon. My cell and equipment are in very hot temperatures as there is no shade for the equipment. So I was wondering if the internal temp probe was possibly reading higher than the actual water temperature. So I got creative with some cardboard yesterday and covered the cell itself from the sun. No inspect cell light last night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.