HELP ... Treating green pool water for 2 weeks, still can't see bottom of pool

Excellent!

You might be at the point where you'd consider Adding DE to a Sand Filter It will filter a lot smaller stuff out than just plain sand. It would be like setting window screen on top of chicken wire, just on a microscopic scale. You won't need much, so see if you can't
beg a bowlful from a neighbor with a DE filter. If you buy a bag, you'll end up with a lifetime supply. Only add it when you're going to be around to watch the pressure gauge, because it will load up fast. Then you just backwash and add another cup of DE.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that.

Here are my numbers for today. I haven't added any bleach today because the FC is so high and the CYA has decreased. Am I correct in doing this? It has been raining on and off for the last three days, so my pool has gotten a lot of new water, I assume this is why the CYA has decreased.

FC 28
CC 1.5
CH 500
TA 100
CYA 55
PH 7.4

Also, I was able to purchase a 3.6 lbs bag of DE from Amazon so I plan to add some to my sand filter, following Richard320 suggestion.

All feed back is appreciated!

Thanks

Good morning ... here are my numbers this morning:

FC 27
CC 1
CH 500
TA 100
CYA 55
PH 7.2

I have not added bleach for 2 days. I was waiting for the FC to drop.

Another problem that just came up, my pool has a slow leak. I noticed the water level was lower yesterday so I added water to the pool and made note of the level. This morning my water level has dropped about an inch. Since I cannot see what I am brushing, I am wondering if there is a small branch or something that I hit that caused the small hole.

So here is my dilemma - the pool water is still cloudy so I cannot see the bottom of the pool. If I cannot see the bottom of the pool how do I find and repair the leak? :( I am pretty sure I can add enough water to keep up with what I am loosing from the leak, but how will that affect my numbers? What is the best fix for a small hole in vinyl pool?

Thanks ...

My pool is now a nice looking blue, but still not able to see the bottom of the pool. How long does it usually take the water to go from blue to clear? Still having a manageable leak problem, but will need to do something soon to find the leak.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Annette

Annette, how long the SLAM takes is not exactly known. Every pool is different. The good thing is you appear to be very vigilant in your efforts. Just to be sure ... have you done any backwashes lately? Just wondering if your water level change might be related to backwashing to waste along with evaporation. If not, then it would be best to maintain the SLAM as long as the water drop is not too significant. You might need to check CYA in a couple days to see if that changed at all, but everything else should be okay.

Just to be sure ... have you done any backwashes lately? Just wondering if your water level change might be related to backwashing to waste along with evaporation. If not, then it would be best to maintain the SLAM as long as the water drop is not too significant. You might need to check CYA in a couple days to see if that changed at all, but everything else should be okay.

Texas ... unfortunately it is a small leak. The water level dropped overnight and the ground around the pool is wet. The good news is I am able to run a small trickle of water from the hose to keep up with the leak. CYA has dropped to 45, so according to the chart I should keep the FC at about 18 to keep the SLAM going.

I appreciate the help!! :cool:

Good morning .. pool water is still a pretty blue (good-bye green!) and visibility is better. I can finally see faint image of my Dolphin Cleaner as it moves along the bottom of the pool. Yeah! Should be getting close to crystal clear water! :cool: I have a vinyl repair kit on hand, so as soon as the water is clear I can jump in the cold water and find that hole!

FC 22
CC 1
CH 410
TA 110
CYA 45
PH 7.2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well done! Have you found the leak yet? Ours was on the OTHER side of the pool from where the water was coming out. We had to call in a leak detector. They used some kind of machine with a magnet (I THINK) in the pool. They found it, I jumped in and put the patch on. It was right where they said. It was tiny. There is no way I would have found it on my own.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.