Help Removing Eyeball Fitting

Steveomatic

Jul 22, 2020
Fleming Island, FL
Hello,
I am new here and will try to be as active as I can. I am trying to remove my eyeball fitting on my return jet. I unscrewed the top portion and pulled off the cap and the eyeball. The part that you need a removal tool for does not have slots for the removal tool to fit into, it is smooth inside the pipe. I have searched online and every other one I see has the spots for the removal tool. How do I remove it without the slots for a removal tool to go into?
Thanks!
Steve

Here are two examples. The cap and the eyeball attach to one end of this fitting. The other end screws into my pool. As you can see in the picture there are slots that a removal tool would fit into, to remove this from the pool. When I had my pool resurfaced they switched these out for a different kind that do not have the slots in it. Because there are no slots for a removal tool to fit into I do not know how to take them out. I want to remove them to put in a fountain. Everything I see online shows the kind with these slots but for some reason the ones they replaced mine with do not have that.

Attachments

• 20200723_161508.jpg
    20200723_161508.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200723_161506.jpg
    20200723_161506.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 20
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.