HELP...Possible Hydrogen Sulfide contamination

oohnoo

Sep 5, 2012
LI, NY
Little introduction first. I have a 18'x34' salt water pool that has been perfect......ti today. I wanted to make a fountain using the port for the vacuum since it's a pressure port. Never used it and it's been plugged for a few years now since I have a electric robot. Anyway when I first unscrewed the plug air bubbles came out along with a nasty Rear smell like rotten eggs. Not really thinking much of it I turned the valve to open the port and a small cloud came out along with the smell. Pool is still crystal clear but now I'm worried now that I research it some afterwards. Seems like itprobably Hydrogen Sulfied in the pipe as it's been closed up for a few years. My question now is there anything I should be worried about with the pool? As a precaution I dumped a gallon of 12% cholorine in the pool. I'm not sure if it's safe to swim in and need to know especially as I have a pool party Im hosting this weekend.

Post your water chemistry....

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

What test kit do you use?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.