Help, pool over flowing

GMTK

Bronze Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
San Antonio
Had some rain and now the pool is overflowing.

In ground - Jandy RS8? Controller and it appears the valves are automatic. Attaching some photos. If anyone can tell me what I need to do to drain this thing to get the level down, I would appreciate it. I see one hose type bib on the system, assuming this is part of what I use to drain it.

Attachments

• 50478A20-1DDB-4FE0-9231-172374C754B9.jpeg
    50478A20-1DDB-4FE0-9231-172374C754B9.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 6D76318A-0DD2-415A-94E3-876D050F24FB.jpeg
    6D76318A-0DD2-415A-94E3-876D050F24FB.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 488020CD-F3EE-4DE5-9197-02EA85913F4E.jpeg
    488020CD-F3EE-4DE5-9197-02EA85913F4E.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 45
You're in Texas! Won't it evaporate on its own in a few days (probably an inch a day, or so)? Enjoy the free fill you got!!

But if more rain is on the way, that hose bib will do the trick, or...

Fill a long hose with water, kink both ends, drop one end in the pool, the other lower somewhere, and let it siphon out. If you set the end in the pool at the correct water level, it will stop automatically once enough water drains. I would need to do it this way, as I'm old and forget things instantly. I'd start my pump, get distracted, then come back to a dry skimmer and burned out pump!! (I need constant supervision!!!)

The real point was: if you use the pump to drain your pool, you have to be careful and keep a close eye on it.

Reactions: GMTK
I'm having the same issue here in Florida. It hasn't stopped raining. I thought my pool would have some kind of auto drain feature, but it must not because my waters keep rising. Do pools have some kind of auto drain with rain like this? There a way to tell?

Reactions: GMTK
I'm having the same issue here in Florida. It hasn't stopped raining. I thought my pool would have some kind of auto drain feature, but it must not because my waters keep rising. Do pools have some kind of auto drain with rain like this? There a way to tell?
Don't know about an auto drain, but mine has an overfloe, about 6 inches below the coping on one end the is a small grille that goes to a pipe that drains to the yard.

Reactions: SerenityIV
I'm still amazed that folks in rainy areas end up with pools without a proper auto drain system... Shame on those pool contractors!! It's not a given that you have one. If your pool is overflowing, then you either don't have one, or its clogged. If you have one, it may not be obvious. Mine, for example, utilizes a hole that is several feet below the water line. They're not always a hole or grate at the water line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.