Help! Pool cover cable rubbed off Vinyl on supports

This was our first winter with our pool. When we took the cover off, the cable that held the cover on must have rubbed off the vinyl coating on the supports. Of course I called the company we bought the pool from and the lady said the cable was too tight or too loose and during high winds that caused it. OK, so which was it? And since they obviously aren't going to suggest anything, does anyone have any suggestions? The pool isn't even a year old. :( Thank you.

It is vinyl coated steel uprights. This happened on three. I didn't get anywhere with the pool warranty because they said the cover was installed improperly. We paid the pool company to do it because my husband was in the hospital. They said not their issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Pic without enlarging

Attachments

• IMG_7280.jpg
    IMG_7280.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7280.jpg
    IMG_7280.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 65
They will point fingers to each other until the moon turns blue..........time to move and take care of it your self. A light sanding followed by treatment with a rust in inhibitor like Rust-oleum or such Keep a close eye on it and retreat as needed. There are many colors so you might even find one that will match pretty close. Good luck!

:hug:

Kim:kim:

They will point fingers to each other until the moon turns blue..........time to move and take care of it your self. A light sanding followed by treatment with a rust in inhibitor like Rust-oleum or such Keep a close eye on it and retreat as needed. There are many colors so you might even find one that will match pretty close. Good luck!

:hug:

Thanks Kim. I don't know what the point in having a warranty or in paying for "professionals" to do something if no one backs anything up when they screw up. I could have ruined it well enough on my own.

I SO understand and feel your pain...........I will tell you we will not buy a extended warranty for this very reason! Very few hold to the "primary" warranty so why would I pay more for something you will not honor?

When it is time for you to close your pool this year let us know! We are paid by smiles! Some one here should be able to help you avoid this happening again!

I will tell you we will not buy a extended warranty for this very reason! Very few hold to the "primary" warranty so why would I pay more for something you will not honor?

Extended warranties = "For an extra $299.00 we will not honor your original warranty for three additional years!"

littleitalian,
Look into getting some paint protection film from eBay (Ventureshield, Scotchgard film, LLumar, etc). You can cut and apply the thick, clear film over rub-prone areas (after you have touched up the paint). It will protect against rubbing parts like that when the wind howls. The film material is clear and made for 10+ years of UV exposure. If it gets scuffed up after a season you can easily peel it and replace with a fresh layer.

Extended warranties = "For an extra $299.00 we will not honor your original warranty for three additional years!"

littleitalian,
Look into getting some paint protection film from eBay (Ventureshield, Scotchgard film, LLumar, etc). You can cut and apply the thick, clear film over rub-prone areas (after you have touched up the paint). It will protect against rubbing parts like that when the wind howls. The film material is clear and made for 10+ years of UV exposure. If it gets scuffed up after a season you can easily peel it and replace with a fresh layer.

I've never heard of this! I'm going to look for it. Thank you!

And that was one thing they couldn't do...up sell us on anything! This forum was a God send for research before we went to buy. We only got what we needed. My husband is mad I didn't just wait for him to do it, but it was already early Nov and should have been closed already. Once he went in the hospital I knew it just needed to get done. There was no way I could do it myself. Well, I shouldn't say that, but it was the first year and I had no clue what i was doing. And I just didn't want to risk doing something wrong. Live and learn. I'm obsessing over this though. It's still not even a year old. They already had to replace the pump in August.

Breath in, breath out.................let it go................it is not worth any more thought or effort. I understand but..............pick your battles. Now if this is a battle you want to take on go for it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.