Help, please!

Agarcia1016

Feb 16, 2019
Mont Belvieu, Texas
Pool company we were using messed my pool all up. I’ve read some stuff but not sure exactly what I need to do to get my pool back to normal. Here is test I just got. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• E93C620C-0601-4AFD-B799-9A1B4FE579E6.jpeg
    E93C620C-0601-4AFD-B799-9A1B4FE579E6.jpeg
    512.7 KB · Views: 18
Seems you've been on this site long enough not to present pool store testing. ;) Do you have any of your own test results? Provided those results are someone correct you need to drain water, add chlorine, add acid, maybe add calcium. Plus run a SLAM.

Right... typically pool store testing and advice is garbage. I do see on your test the box is checked for green algae. If that is the case, you need to start the SLAM to get rid of the algae.

Here is what I would do:
1. Stop going into the pool store. They try to alarm you and get you to buy all sorts of magic potions that do not work and can many times lead to other issues like staining, gumming up your filter, etc.
2. Get your own test kit (see my signature if needed)
3. Buy liquid chlorine (walmart, lowes, home depot, pinch a penny, etc.) and add 3/4 of a gallon per day until your test kit arrives.
4. Read up on the SLAM process in the pool school links to the left
5. Post up your test results from your test kit and we can guide you through your SLAM.

I see u have Taylor 6way listed in your signature - that kit is missing the all important fas/dpd test as well as the cya test.
They can be bought separately on www.tftestkits.net or Amazon
Or u can purchase a whole new tf100/pro or Taylor k2006c if you need other reagents anyway.
Test Kits Compared
These tests are necessary to have an accurate cya reading so u can chlorinate properly & to be sure u exchange the proper amount of water.
You can’t do the SLAM Process to eradicate algae without the fas/dpd test & an accurate cya reading.
The yellow OTO total chlorine test is not accurate enough & doesn’t read over 5ppm.

Until those come in you can add 5ppm of liquid chlorine to the pool each day, slowly infront of a return, to keep it from getting worse. Use PoolMath to calculate amounts.
When your kit(s) arrive do all the tests & u can post the results here for guidance.
Pool Care Basics

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.