Tampa FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
So I have been following TPF since the day our pool was filled four months ago. Our water is crystal clear and I’ve been pretty pleased with myself.

This morning I found some sand on the corner of the bench. And a bit more on one of the ledge loungers chairs. We had a storm last night so I brushed it off and didn’t think again about it.

Now I’m concerned it’s mustard algae. I’ve brushed the entire pool and can’t see anything - nothing lifts up when I’m brushing, and it remains totally clear. The pool is spotless and I’m running my polaris right now for good measure. We have a cage so nothing drops into the pool, but I run the Polaris 1-2 times per week. I run my filter 24/7 - 6 hours on high, 7 on medium, 9 on low.

Should I be worried? Do I need to shock? My Ph was 7.9 this morning and I added 8 oz acid. I do this a couple of times a week as it creeps back up. I just did all the testing again - I already do it twice a week and I have a water guru that sends me the FC and Ph reading each morning. And it looks absolutely fine and my levels have been excellent for the entire time since I took over from the PB. I keep a very close eye on this pool and haven’t had a moment of problems with it so far. I can’t understand why I would have algae now. It’s only used by two adults an hour or so per day, so no heavy use.

I have a 1lb bag of Leslie’s shock that I’ve had since i first started. Should I use it tonight just in case? Will that help? Or should I stop panicking and chalk it up to some sand from the storm? 🤦🏻‍♀️ Is there anything I should be looking for that will tell me it’s just sand and not indeed algae? I’ve never shocked the pool before. Did think I had to.

Attachments

• 86292DDC-7ACF-4F89-B9DF-ACFC6524578B.png
    86292DDC-7ACF-4F89-B9DF-ACFC6524578B.png
    300.1 KB · Views: 9
I see nothing to worry about at this time. Your test numbers look fantastic. Picture perfect. :goodjob: Mustard Algae doesn't feel like sand, so perhaps some light dust/sand blew into the pool? Do you have a sand filter? I can't tell because your signature is blank. You should update your sig with all of your pool and equipment info. See mine as an example. It always helps when we answer posts.

Reactions: TeenaTeens
I see nothing to worry about at this time. Your test numbers look fantastic. Picture perfect. :goodjob: Mustard Algae doesn't feel like sand, so perhaps some light dust/sand blew into the pool? Do you have a sand filter? I can't tell because your signature is blank. You should update your sig with all of your pool and equipment info. See mine as an example. It always helps when we answer posts.
I’ve updated it before. I wonder why it’s gone/. Let me do it again.

Hummm? :scratch: Are you sure it wasn't just your profile info that we see to the left under your avatar pic? That's different than the actual "signature" under the profile settings.

Reactions: TeenaTeens
All my info is in my settings. Is there somewhere else I should put it? Hayward SWG. Plebbletec. 12,200 gl. I’ve never had low FC (I test daily), high Ph (test daily) and no CC (twice a week). I slowly increased my levels in line with TFP and maintained them like this since doing that 6 weeks back or so. FC is a little high - I added a bit more stabilizer yesterday so I think it’s hanging on better. I’ve turned down my SWG. Ok imma stop panicking and keep an eye on it.

Hummm? :scratch: Are you sure it wasn't just your profile info that we see to the left under your avatar pic? That's different than the actual "signature" under the profile settings.
Oh! Yes. Where’s the signature?
oh yes! Where’s the signature - I’ll fix that now.

• Haha
Reactions: Texas Splash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.