Help please. It didnt look like this last time

Just pulled the cover and this is what it looks like. The pillow deflated during the winter so I removed it. Cover and pillow only 2nd time used.

What to do first? I have the hose running. Can start pump as soon as water level rises.

Can slightly see bottom. Looks mostly to be fine sediment. There are live mosquitos. Heavy brown algea content.

Any advice I would appriciate.

Thanks
Tom
c40dd794c65d1fcd3825a0e7dd18f74f.jpg
da12d23bc711ba18bb0ebef5ec7edc2b.jpg

I guess the abnormal warm winter and shotty cover caused big problems this year.

Only thing that was different this year is the skimmer was added. Guess I need to make a block off plate. The year prior I left the inlet and outlets open. But it was a lot colder of a winter...

Yeah I do... I figured I get a little something going but ill wait. Pump almost ready to go. Little more water and the inlet is covered.

I got 3 gal of 8% bleach guess i better get 3 more. I have a box of borax so i should be good. CyA still half a bottle of granual so I think I just need some bleach.

My lil shark doesnt have a prefilter so I can either hook it up to the side wall inlet. Or I have a skimmer plate..

Maybe get a couple paint strainers for my skimmer basket to prefilter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.