HELP! No water after filter clean out

Oct 17, 2017
Katy texas
We cleaned the cartridge filters today and I turned the filter off and then turned off the breakers. (Didn’t put it in service mode.)

When we put the cleaned cartridges back we noticed the water in the tank was all gross. I asked my neighbor what to do with this water and he said scoop it out. So we did just that. When we put everything back together, water is not running through the system now. We are not sure if we should keep the filter running and eventually water will come through, or if we need to fill the tank back up with water? We don’t know what happened!

Slightly panicked. Obviously first time pool owner here. The first time we cleaned the filter, the pool company came out and showed us what to do, but left us to do it ourselves. He had to come back and help me reassemble it because I was having trouble. .

This time my husband reassembled it and I’m not sure what went wrong.

We have a Hayward variable pump if that is relevant.

Edit: we fixed the issue! We forgot to prime the pump before turning it back on!

Last edited:
You had me a little concerned, right up until that last sentence! :p

Glad you got it figured out and all is well. AND, you learned a little more about your pool, and gained a little more confidence in yourself.

Just FYI you probably have a drain on that filter. That is what I use when I clean my cartridges no need to scoop it out. I drain the water in the tank and get everything nice and clean.

Reactions: Sammykaggie

Glad you got it figured out and all is well. AND, you learned a little more about your pool, and gained a little more confidence in yourself.

Thanks! Do you always recommend soaking? We had to SLAM the pool after an algae boom. Things seem under control now, but I didn’t have a new large garbage can to soak last night.

Would it be a good idea to take it apart and soak it overnight tonight? Is there a rule of thumb for how much TSP solution to use?

I don’t actually understand how to read this. This is a photo of the gauge before and after cleaning. Am I supposed to turn this dial to reset it after cleaning it? Does this reading look right for having just cleaned the filter?
Thanks!

I am ordering the TFP100 kit. Seeing if there is anything else I need to get to the free shipping mark of $100? Is the scum buddy skimmer thing helpful?
I’ll update that in my signature when I receive my new test kit.

Attachments

• F1CB2A0D-0460-4A11-9785-84A9D6D0AE26.jpeg
    F1CB2A0D-0460-4A11-9785-84A9D6D0AE26.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.