Help! New Home PDA setup Switching to iAqualink?

LilMavdog

May 9, 2022
Malvern, Pa
Hello everyone!

We currently moved into a new home and we have a PDA setup… the remote is dead and we can not get it to turn on. We would like to switch to the iAqualink system since the cost is basically the same. Below is a picture of our board… can anyone tell me what kind of board we need to buy in order to switch to the iAqualink 3.0? If that is the right one to switch to.

Thank you

84618498-A849-43BD-9DA6-220A556B77B1.jpeg

Attachments

• 8AD76F15-AC5A-4CB1-BB56-EC72295DDE68.jpeg
    8AD76F15-AC5A-4CB1-BB56-EC72295DDE68.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to TFP.

You need the Zodiac iAquaLink 3.0 iQ30-RS Web Connection Upgrade Kit

Reactions: PoolGate
The kit Allen above listed will include a WiFi antenna and a board like the below (the pictured board is a PDA board, the RS board will say RS on it) which goes onto the back of your main board. Once you swap that board, the personality of your system will switch from PDA based to APP/Computer based. You'll like it a whole lot better. Make sure you are buying the IQ30-RS and NOT the IQ30-A! I have done this swap myself and it is very easy.

You can most likely sell your old PDA and antenna (even broken) on ebay for a couple hundred dollars.

1652180526956.png

The kit Allen above listed will include a WiFi antenna and a board like the below (the pictured board is a PDA board, the RS board will say RS on it) which goes onto the back of your main board. Once you swap that board, the personality of your system will switch from PDA based to APP/Computer based. You'll like it a whole lot better. Make sure you are buying the IQ30-RS and NOT the IQ30-A! I have done this swap myself and it is very easy.

You can most likely sell your old PDA and antenna (even broken) on ebay for a couple hundred dollars.

View attachment 408569
Wow thank you for the help ! I honestly didn’t expect to get such a quick response from several helpful people.

Very much appreciated!

View attachment 408569
Any suppliers you recommend ordering from?

It's hard to find Jandy parts like this since Jandy doesn't like to sell direct to consumers. I usually use Sunplay but they show not in stock. Also I am not sure your system supports the IQ30 you might need the IQ20. It depends the rev # of your main board.

Ebay usually has them though. iq30-rs: Search Result | eBay

It's hard to find Jandy parts like this since Jandy doesn't like to sell direct to consumers. I usually use Sunplay but they show not in stock. Also I am not sure your system supports the IQ30 you might need the IQ20. It depends the rev # of your main board.

Sorry for the ignorance… where would we find the rev#?

Looks like we have the same as you showed in your picture

Attachments

• 8F754255-83EC-4249-9B45-386836AC058E.jpeg
    8F754255-83EC-4249-9B45-386836AC058E.jpeg
    432.4 KB · Views: 11
I believe as long as you have 2 RS485 terminal ports in the upper left of the main board you can use the IQ30. Rev QQQ or later I think. Make sure you get an RS6 model (or higher) then. The # determines how many aux/relays the unit will support. It never hurts to go higher on this number.

Reactions: LilMavdog

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Check out jandyrepair.com. You may need to call/email as they don't keep the online store up-to-date. I have no direct affiliation with them, however, I have purchased several items (including an RS 50 pin CPU) and they deliver exactly as described each time. Keep in mind you likely will have no warranty on your purchase no matter where you buy from online since Jandy does not sell direct to consumer for many of these items.

Just make sure you get an RS6 "Combo" board. You have a spa? Fill out your sigline if you get a chance here -> https://www.troublefreepool.com/account/signature
Got it will need to fill out the rest of the details for my signature.

I did find this one which I believe will work:

We do have a spa, lights, and a setup for a water feature as well so we would need the additional aux.

New question… (if I should start a new thread please let me know.

We have a Polaris pressure side pool cleaner. Right now the only way to get it to run is if we put it in service Mode since the remote isn’t working…. I think because we can’t the. The pump down there is too much power going to the cleaner which is keeping it from staying in the pool bottom. Was looking for a work around until we get order and get the right kit installed.

Again appreciate everyone’s help

Right kit, nice price. If the Polaris is floating it could be a slight suction leak pushing water to the head.

Could also be the thrust jet on the back being out of adjustment, forcing the cleaner up. For best results it should be fairly straight out the back and slightly right or left if the the cleaner wants to go in a particular direction. Always loosen the screw that holds it tight. Polaris parts are crazy expensive. I normally leave them slightly loose so that, as the tires wear I can easily adjust, maybe once a year if that.

A Polaris should continue in a straight line until it hits the side and allow the slope of the pool wall to turn it. All pools will have a "pattern" to them that will make the Polaris seem to stay on one route only. It would except for the back-up valve moving it to randomize its course (and pull it of the step/bench/cover/etc.).

Reactions: LilMavdog
My advice is dump the pressure side cleaner and get a powered robot. I have the 9650iq and love it.

For the IQ30-RS just make sure you know what sub-model that is as it doesn't say in the website.

If you just replace the PCB it's a 10 minute job. Make sure to record the aux setup before you take the old one offline the instructions will include this part. If you need to replace the entire main board it'll be a little longer but nothing hard.

If you just replace the PCB it's a 10 minute job. Make sure to record the aux setup before you take the old one offline the instructions will include this part. If you need to replace the entire main board it'll be a little longer but nothing hard.
So you were correct! My wife was able to do the install super quick and easy and the app can now control the pool.

Next question related to this switch out… the Heater!

We have yet to use the spa… candidly I have no idea what I need to do to heat the spa. Do I have to put it in spa Mode? The heater seems to be linked to the app but I’m not totally positive and the last thing I want to do is break something. I also am not positive if I need to relink my heater to our system because when I put it on remote mode it says “No Demand”

Attachments

• 4AE427C5-8AEE-42DB-89ED-FA97A5A55B3C.jpeg
    4AE427C5-8AEE-42DB-89ED-FA97A5A55B3C.jpeg
    482.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 0A024755-5C2E-4094-9FC4-15291C3AA4FC.jpeg
    0A024755-5C2E-4094-9FC4-15291C3AA4FC.jpeg
    762.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 89435A97-5109-40F8-8F23-F5AF642D31B3.jpeg
    89435A97-5109-40F8-8F23-F5AF642D31B3.jpeg
    729.9 KB · Views: 6
  • A8F5D0B7-A85B-4146-B200-F6BAB6E71BA6.jpeg
    A8F5D0B7-A85B-4146-B200-F6BAB6E71BA6.jpeg
    779.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 006CC529-3D13-40DA-9C3A-6A221EF40457.png
    006CC529-3D13-40DA-9C3A-6A221EF40457.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 3BCADF2D-8CE5-45DA-8D29-9FA57ADD1BC2.png
    3BCADF2D-8CE5-45DA-8D29-9FA57ADD1BC2.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: PoolGate
You need to switch to SPA mode to isolate the water to just heat the spa.

When you switch to SPA mode you should stand by the equipment pad and observe that both the suction actuator and return actuator move their valves. If only one or none turn you have problems with the actuators.

I think NO DEMAND means there is no request for heat from the Aqualink. You need to enable the heater and set a temperature above the water temperature for heat.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.