Help. New and confused

Hello and welcome! :wave: Yes, there's a couple other things to watch, but it's very easy if you follow the TFP Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools page. Look it over and let us know if you have any questions. Have a nice weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the Poolmath calculator, just let us know what questions you have and we'll try to walk you through it.

Purchased a summer waves quickset 10 ft by 30 in vinyl pool with inflatable ring. Do I need anything besides chlorine? Do I need CYA and if so, how do I determine how much to use? Tried pool calculator but got more confused!

Hello and welcome. Congrats on the new pool! Start it off right, get yourself prepared which it sure seems you are doing. Few things you need to put on the shopping list, Test Kit Test Kit Test Kit. You only need 1 but saying it 3 times makes me feel better.

From there you can run a test but things to have on hand:
Stabilizer referred to as CYA or Cyanuric Acid (it won't hurt you and easy to handle)
Chlorine/Bleach
Borax
Baking Soda
Muriatic Acid (1 gallon jug, we will cover it in greater detail later, it is easy to work with but you need to pay attention.)

From there, you should be good to rock a clean pool for as long as you own it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.