MrBeetle

Jun 19, 2020
Cleveland OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So, I added chlorine 2 days ago - and either my inline chlorine was turned too high, or I got a bad sample… but regardless, my chlorine shot up. (I added 121oz of 7.5, 21000g pool) Pool looks green but clear now - I filled with well water. Had a similar problem last year before I closed it, added some metal out and opened the pool this year clean.

ph 7.4
Fc 9.0
Cc 10
Cya 40 (I’d guess 34, but…)
TA 250ish
CH 75

AG vinyl pool.

I added MetalFree last night, ran the filter overnight… but not really any change.

thoughts? Does that normally take longer? Should I dose higher?

I also have a culator sock on the way, and tried ferritabs last night as well to no effect… trying to filter things out.D7A9C2C0-BD2A-4FC1-86AB-53381723AE4F.jpeg

Well, as soon as you said "filled from a well" we knew what that meant - iron. :( So unless you are able to filter that iron out, or enough to make the iron levels very low, it will always react to chlorine and/or an elevated pH. Sequestrants are just a band-aid fix. Have you tried the polyfill filtering method?

Yes, last year - and it helped some - but I didn't have much time between filling the pool and closing it up for the winter. (I cleared things up this spring with Asorbic Acid... and I think the sequesterent I used last year carried me over until now when I over-dosed a bit with the chlorine)

I understand that the sequestrant isn't a "fix"... but am wondering - how long does it take for the band-aid to be effective? My plan is to remove the iron eventually, but was hoping to let the kids get in the water this weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.