Help me in using the pool calculator

5:30 AM
FC 15
CC 5
I will get sand and start with changing out the sand. We have never done this, is this difficult? Can anyone tell me exactly how to do this?
We have a full moon and the pool looks so sparkly clean in the moonlight, it has never looked so sparkly clean, even when it was brand new!!

Changing the sand can be annoying, but it isn't too difficult. Some people like to use a wet/dry shop vac, others prefer not to. Mostly, you open up the filter and start scooping or vacuuming out the sand. The main thing to watch for is the laterals, which are pipes buried towards the bottom of the sand. You don't want to break them. When refilling, you want to put about one foot of water in the filter to help protect the laterals and help the sand bed in properly. Be careful not to get sand in the main pipe. Some filters come with a special cover that you put on the main pipe while filling. Also, check you filter manual for additional directions. Some want sand up to a specific height, rather than by weight. Others have special procedures for protecting the main pipe from sand.

I have been working so many hours have not had time to go to the pool store for sand, can this be bought anywhere else? The pool stores here have such limited hours
FC is 1 at 8:00 PM
will add 517 oz 6% chlorine as per pool calculator

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why do you have to change the sand out? I still have not been able to go get pool sand. When we back wash now, there is not much dirt or anything in the water, isn't that a sign that the filter is working well?

At this point the sand is full of baqgoo and not able to filter properly. Removing the sand saves several days or even weeks of trying to deactivate the last of the baquacil stuck in the sand and also restores the filter to full efficiency.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.