Help me identify this valve

fyton2v

Jun 3, 2007
I believe this is a check valve... and it has a cracked cover causing a slow leak. I'd like to find a rebuild kit, but I'm not sure who made it. Unfortunately, the PB put the plumbing for this valve under concrete decking leaving no easy way to replace the entire unit. I just have a 6" access cover to work with.

Anyone know the manufacturer?

[attachment=0:3stdz2m3]2012-06-30_16-58-04_40.jpg[/attachment:3stdz2m3]

Thanks!

Attachments

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
What is the other word besides Lock?
Have you taken the screws out to see what the inside looks like?

The top kind of looks like the Jandy/Pentair check valves, but I have never see the twist thing/gear on the top.

fyton2v

Jun 3, 2007
I think the other word is "unlock". This happens to be my friends pool and I'll need to ask what it says to be certain... but pretty sure it's "unlock". If no one recognizes this thing taking it apart would be our next step.

Thanks.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
I did some searching and haven't found anything. I think your best bet it to take the top off it and see how the inside is designed. It may be a simple on/off valve.

fyton2v

Jun 3, 2007
Here is picture of the inside. It turns out it's a regular 3-way valve, but with no identifying markings anywhere. How is a guy supposed to get parts for this POS? Perhaps this may help someone recognize the thing. You can see on the ground a jandy valve i brought over to see if it would fit. It doesn't.

[attachment=0:2ne4nnoj]20120713_091935.jpg[/attachment:2ne4nnoj]

Attachments

Confused

Jun 6, 2012
Looks like an old waterway valve. Look on the part in your hand and see if there are any numbers.

Confused

Jun 6, 2012
Glad I could help you. You could contact Pentair and see if you can change the upper part of the valve with one of their newer models.