Help me, help my uncle please!

pdgillings

Sep 26, 2023
Ocala
Hi everyone,
My name is Paula. In the last few months I was reunited with my family in Florida. My elderly aunt and uncle took me in. My uncle is also recovering from cancer and now struggles with task that were once easy, like this pool timer.

Can someone look at the attached pics., and here’s what’s happening:

The app does not work/function the timer
The only way to operate it, is to turn the breaker on/off
When attaching jumper #2 per the diagram, it trips the breaker

Attachments

• IMG_3414.jpeg
    IMG_3414.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3413.jpeg
    IMG_3413.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3412.jpeg
    IMG_3412.jpeg
    552.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3387.jpeg
    IMG_3387.jpeg
    319.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3384.jpeg
    IMG_3384.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 19
Are you trying to wire this up for a 120V pump or a 240V pump. The wires are connected differently depending on the voltage.

It's really hard to see how you have this wired, but if 240V is what you want, then your incoming line from the breaker, one line should be connected to COM1, and the other to COM2, from the timer to the pump one wire should be connected to NO1 and the other to NO2, there should be a jumper from COM1 to L, and another jumper from COM2 to N.2023-09-29_18-38-29.jpg

If you are wiring for 120V, then your neutral should be connected to N, and your hot to COM1, for the pump the neutral should be connected to N, and the hot to NO1, a jumper should be placed between L and COM1.

2023-09-29_18-45-29.jpg

Last edited:
Paula,

It is hard for me to see which wire goes where, so you will have to double check. I suggest that you remove the connections that go to the black cable, which I assume is your pump.. and that your pump is set up to operate on 120 Volts AC.

The Input power comes in from the left side of the box.
The Black wire should go to L1
The White wire should go to N
A jumper wire should go from L1 to COM1

The wires from the black cable (I assume your pump..)
The Black wire goes to NO1
The White wire goes to N

Try that and it should work..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.