Help me find a vacuum !

ccogen

Jul 31, 2020
new jersey
I have an intex ultra 18x9x52 and I need a vacuum to hook up to the intake in order to go through the filter . Can anyone help me figure out what I need ? Im so confused with the hose and the connections.

Right now i’m using a water powered vacuum that uses the venturi effect and it’s just not cutting it!

With those pumps if u have alot of sediment to vac up you’re better off vacuuming to waste via the siphon method over the side of the pool- you can do that with the vac u have if u just cap off the hole where the bag goes.
i have an intex auto vac that’s on its 4th season & it has worked well for me but it’s starting to show its age lol. 2 seasons on my intex pool & 2nd season in my 33’ above ground. It’s preferable to avoid the filter when u have small filter as those pools do. If u have the $ the dolphin e-10/s-50 is excellent.
3939B706-0051-452D-B336-0B2DD13F9CF5.jpeg

With those pumps if u have alot of sediment to vac up you’re better off vacuuming to waste via the siphon method over the side of the pool- you can do that with the vac u have if u just cap off the hole where the bag goes.
i have an intex auto vac that’s on its 4th season & it has worked well for me but it’s starting to show its age lol. 2 seasons on my intex pool & 2nd season in my 33’ above ground. It’s preferable to avoid the filter when u have small filter as those pools do. If u have the $ the dolphin e-10/s-50 is excellent.
View attachment 161408
Thank you I guess I’m wondering if This hose will fit on this adapter that screws into the intake

Attachments

• 91BC8A7B-48AC-4B17-B747-794A876B5A11.png
    91BC8A7B-48AC-4B17-B747-794A876B5A11.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 3FC8604D-9266-4A92-B310-E46047283751.png
    3FC8604D-9266-4A92-B310-E46047283751.png
    273.8 KB · Views: 3
It might- if u have the adapter u could take it to the store (home depot/lowes/ pool supply) & see if it fits a hose or if u need a cone/ or other adapter

View attachment 161408
I have this vacuum too and it works like a champ.

Don't fool with hoses at all! Get the WaterTech Pool Blaster leaf vacuum for $80 or so bucks. This thing is battery powered and picks up leaves, large acorns, and even small sticks with ease. I've had mine this entire season, changed out the batteries twice, and it's given complete satisfaction.

Here's my review thread with links.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.