aces79

Jun 2, 2018
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 30 foot AGP With a sand filter.

I’m trying to start back up after winter. My water is thick, cloudy and brownish green.

I’ve double shocked it- color didn’t change.

Test strips show alkalinity is good, stabilizer is good, chlorine is high and PH is too low.

We’ve also added algeacide, that didn’t help either. My pump is running 24/7.

Where do I start? I don’t normally have this hard of a time with it.

You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.

Reactions: aces79 and Casey
Agree with mknauss. To properly SLAM your pool and clear it, you should invest in a TF100. Without it, you're going to chase your tail and waste money.

Reactions: aces79
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.