Help maintaining TC level

we are just now starting to use bleach and don't even know how much to add everyday. we tested everything and noticed we couldn't keep FC at any level at all. we were adding (not enough) everyday and after some research decided we need to do a SLAM. My cousin will be here to watch our boys but I don't want to bother her with testing our FC and CC several times day like I have been doing. So was just hoping we could be done with SLAM by wednesday and then I could figure out how much we lose a day and ask her to add that amount in bleach everyday while we will be gone.

What are the recommendation in chlorinating if we ever do leave and have no one here to add bleach to the pool?

I would suggest having your guest add at least 1/2 or 3/4 as much bleach as you add daily the next two days. So if today and Tuesday you needed to add a total of one gallon each day, have them add 3/4 of a bottle a day while you are gone.

Those that use liquid chlorine for daily use typically keep their CYA low enough that when they leave for a few days or a week they use a floating dispenser and tablets to maintain the chlorine while they are gone. When they return they test CYA and adjust their target FC accordingly.

Or, install a SWCG that will add your chlorine daily. We leave for weeks, months, at a time and our SWCG adds chlorine while we are gone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.