Help!?! It said quick set—yet it’s never finished

^SuMMer^

Jun 17, 2022
Kentucky
Sooo.. I’ve set up my quick set pool for the 2nd year now and once again I’m lost. Everyone else seems to do this with so much ease and their pools have no issues but for some reason even with advice from pool supply store my pool is still kinda slick to walk on and the water kinda starts having a very slight yet noticeable (to me) odor…. And it smells nothing like swimming pools I remember. My kids alwyas jump in and the water is clear but I’m always cleaning debris blown in or grass that’s been tracked in. I use a cover but i can’t keep the water …balance? Right? The pool guy sold me liquid shock last year but even with that it didn’t seem to be right smell or look. Good enough to swim but still questioning it 🤨 i guess if I can’t figure it out atleast the water is clear but i would feel much better if I knew it was safe

We have no idea what you’re doing from your description, you need a full set of test results from a TF100 or K2006C test kit. Buy one and read up in the pool school pages.

Welcome to TFP.

Show us pics of your pool

For a seasonal pool we have simplified care instructions that can use a smaller test kit.

This guide may help you…

Reactions: chazas
We have no idea what you’re doing from your description, you need a full set of test results from a TF100 or K2006C test kit. Buy one and read up in the pool school pages.
My description has nothing cuz I didn’t do any chemicals that’s what I’m saying- the only thing the pool store told me was liquid shock so I wasn’t sure if my pool needed more or different chemicals …or less maybe?? I don’t have a lot of free time so I haven’t read much on anything thoroughly - I do appreciate ur response anyway.

Reactions: chazas
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.