Help in restoring green pool

Seriously MDP, What test kit do you have?

You should be using either the TF-100 or the K-2006. I suspect that you have maybe a K-2005, which is NOT the same as the K-2006, no matter what the pool store told you.

You seriously need the FAS-DPD chlorine test, NOT the DPD pill.

Charlie_R said:
You should be using either the TF-100 or the K-2006. I suspect that you have maybe a K-2005, which is NOT the same as the K-2006, no matter what the pool store told you.
:| Well if that is the case you never SLAMed at all. How can you SLAM if your FC level needs to be 24 but you can't measure past 5?

First clue was the reagent "bleach-out", next was the "reagent #2". Those are things I would expect from the K-2005, not the K-2006.

The TF-100 and K-2006 can accurately measure up to 50 ppm, and higher with loss of accuracy.

Do yourself a favor, MDP, and get the proper kit.

Thanks again Donldson.
Here is what's happening during the water test: I am using a Tylor test Kit; filled the kit with right amount of water, adding 5 drops of reagent #1, swirl that, added 5 drops of reagent 2, water on top becomes red as soon the drops are being added, swirl it and then red color goes away and water becomes clear again. Then adding 5 drops of reagent # 3, swirl it -- water becomes light yellow.
Did that couple of times - the same things repeated; I think I am adding the right amount of reagents. Not sure what is happenings.................

Your test is a DPD based test and when Free Chlorine is over about 10ppm it will read ZERO due to the color indicator bleaching out to show clear.

You cannot follow the slam process without using a FAS-DPD test.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.