HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

No I think you just need to loosen the screw on the big one (right) and slide the wire thru and re-tighten. The other is just the connection to the case of the motor.

Jenson...oh that screw doesn't have anything to do with the copper tubing? OH ok.

Oh and the new pump did not come with any connectors...the pvc piping. I'm gonna try to get what i have on the old pump off. Looks like it's been calked or glued or something.

Wish me luck!!!!

LOL ok no big screw for me!!!!!

I'll just stick to the little ones....

Ok going to try and take off that pvc pipe. Why in heaven's name did it not come with connectors. Ugggggggggggg.

Jensen was thinking you might have to hardwire your pump in, but I think yours just has a plug to plug in? If so, once you have your bonding wire connected, and have the pipes connected, you should be good to go.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Ok great thank you all so much!!! Jenson, thanks for the reminder though about the wires...i'll try and remember that!!!!

I was afraid i would have to call an electrician or something.

My son got the fittings off the old pump but one was evidently glued in and it broke off.

I guess i'll call the pool place tomorrow and ask if they have the fittings.

So crises over for today. Now, as Linen and GreatCanadian says, i just need to get those hoses back on and plug 'er in!!!!

Of Note: Today, around 2 hours ago, is the first time it's stopped raining since i received the pump yesterday.

Also of Note: my pool is crystal clear. More clear than when i run my pump :|

NikiBelle said:
Ok i think i understand that first part. unscrew it and slide the copper wire through it and then re-tighten the screw. But that other screw the big one? Just wrap the copper wire around it?

Edit - I was late to the party. The question was already answered.

Good luck.

frogabog said:
LOL, I looked at the amazingly high number of posts, read the first few pages, and the last few.

Peeps been busy this season around TFP :~}

It does have a lot of posts huh. Well, i'm chatty cathy and i've had so many issues and needed things explained in such details!!!

Thank goodness for this site and thank goodness for these people here!!!!!

Glad you joined in!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.