CPM10V

Jun 12, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Wondered if anyone could help me figure out source of a sound coming from skimmer piping.
At random times (maybe every 3 days) I’ll hear a deep, rapid “thud” sound coming from the piping above ground that goes from skimmer to pump. You can feel the piping vibrate as this is occurring. If you look in skimmer basket area the water is at a standstill. At the pump there are air bubbles visible but hard to tell if it’s pumping anything, no odd noise from pump. As soon as you turn off pump & then turn back on right away the thudding is gone & all is well. Any ideas what may cause this? Pool runs ok otherwise. I’m thinking it’s some sort of air lock. The skimmer door is present & functions ok. Here’s pic of pool area in question, circled the piping with noise.
E33BB331-0BFE-4E8F-AF6E-FCFC68D21E06.jpeg

I would guess that it's a check valve.

Look around and dig down some to see if you can find a check valve.

Where is the equipment?

Maybe they moved the equipment at some point?

Do you have a picture of the equipment?

C,

I agree with JamesW.. I assume the skimmer is connected to the two pipes circled in red. What are the other pipes for and what do the two valves do?

You should not really need or have a check valve in the skimmer line.. Odd... :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.