wsh842

Jun 9, 2021
Detroit Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently moved into a home with a “new to me” 1968 “Starlite” pool (I understand they were a relatively large pool builder in the Detroit area through the ‘70s)

The pool requires tile and coping this year and I’m going to do plaster next year.

While I wait for my pool contractor I am trying to get as much use out of the pool as possible. The pool return jets are missing and the threading and spacing doesn’t seem to match the pool return eyeballs I got at my local pool store. I’m hoping someone will look at these returns and be able to tell me what I need. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• C368C467-EC49-4803-8440-CA202C84BB2B.jpeg
    C368C467-EC49-4803-8440-CA202C84BB2B.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 94FFD19F-4331-4DB7-960C-1B9A377E26A4.jpeg
    94FFD19F-4331-4DB7-960C-1B9A377E26A4.jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to TFP and thanks for posting pictures. My first impression is that it is related to a cleaner line - either a suction cleaner or a pressure side cleaner. Seeing that it is close to your waterline tile that is where most cleaner lines are installed. When your main pump is on, does flow come out of this line? Do you have a small booster pump on your equipment pad? Maybe post a picture of your equipment pad from different views as that may help.
Also, under your profile in settings you can create your signature with a list of all of your equipment which helps when you ask questions in the future.

Welcome to TFP and thanks for posting pictures. My first impression is that it is related to a cleaner line - either a suction cleaner or a pressure side cleaner. Seeing that it is close to your waterline tile that is where most cleaner lines are installed. When your main pump is on, does flow come out of this line? Do you have a small booster pump on your equipment pad? Maybe post a picture of your equipment pad from different views as that may help.
Also, under your profile in settings you can create your signature with a list of all of your equipment which helps when you ask questions in the future.
The pool only has 3 returns and all 3 are identical to this one and similarly positioned. they all flow water while the pump is running. There is only one line leaving the heater going underground to the returns with no valves on the line after the filter/heater

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.