Help identify please

Re: whats this... L90 R90 180

Chester,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all of your "What is the combination? Questions... :shark:

Was there supposed to be a pic??

If not, post one so that we can understand what you are seeing.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Just keep it all here.

Need to see some pictures of the entire pad and we can certainly help you start to make sense of everything.

It would be very rare that you would hurt anything by opening and closing valves to see what they do.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

The pins do not really matter and you do not even need to use them.

Just figure out where you want each valve to be to get the flow coming from where you want. And then set the pins to stop the valve there.

Your pins now are set in such a way that you can fully open or fully close each valve.

I appreciate the help. I did what you said. The door to the skimmer(weir door?) seems to adjust well to the increased suction. Now the exit valve below. It splits into 2. I'm assuming because 1 is pool and 1 is spa. Can I adjust this valve to make it only pool? And if so, can I adjust it while pump is on, or do I need to turn off pump first?

IMG_0165.jpg

You can adjust it while the pump is on. Just turn slowly ... and you never want to fully close off main water port (in you picture, you would not want to turn it 180 degrees).

I would not make it 100% pool though. You want to have some water going into the spa to keep the chemistry well mixed. Turn it so that the spa pipe is mostly closed to force most of the water to the pool.

1 is your filter
2 is your pump
3 is an air blower for a spa.

So looking at your valves here is what I think they are starting from the far right:

Spa or pool floor suction? (this is open)
Skimmer (this is open) ... I think this is the one you just opened
Spa or pool floor suction? (this is closed ... so it is likely the spa)

Coming out of the bottom of the filter:
The right pipe is the pool return
The left pipe is the spa return (assuming that bulge is a check valve)

I would think you should turn the valve by the filter about 45-60 degree CW to partially close off the spa return.

I merged your threads. Keep related questions together. Thanks. jblizzle

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.