Help Identify My Pool Ladder??

troydesh

May 8, 2020
Michigan
Our above ground pool ladder was damaged last winter. I'd really love to simply replace the broken part (everything else is "like new"), but I can't find any brand name or model number anywhere on the ladder.

Could you help me identify the brand/make/model or some other way to find a replacement part? I've scoured the internet with no luck on any similar parts so far.

Thanks!

The ladder style is designed to be used with a pool deck:

pool-ladder-02.jpg

This broken part connects the stairs to the rail:

pool-ladder-01.jpg

oh man, JB Weld didn't work? I'm depressed. maybe try laying some steel into the epoxy or drill into the base, screw in a long screw and then epoxy the parts all back together on that. don't give up! as-seen-on-tv flex seal tape will do better in the sun than duct tape, for the other bracing i see in the picture. :ROFLMAO:

oh man, JB Weld didn't work? I'm depressed. maybe try laying some steel into the epoxy or drill into the base, screw in a long screw and then epoxy the parts all back together on that. don't give up! as-seen-on-tv flex seal tape will do better in the sun than duct tape, for the other bracing i see in the picture. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for the ideas. All good. We actually did drill it together with a screw last year and that got us through one summer.

At this point, I've discarded these 2 parts. This one was only broken in half, but the other was in three pieces.

My hope now is to try to determine who makes this particular ladder to see if I can find a replacement part.

Just a thought but maybe you could cut piece of pvc pipe that diameter & just drill holes through it in place of that part

finding the brand of an old ladder is going to be tough. I have looked at a lot of them on line and in cataloges and never seen one quite like yours. did it come with the pool? I have seen a lot of people say to contact INYO Pools for obscure parts, you could try that. I think you have to call them.

OR you might just lean that ladder to the edge of your deck or pool (use pool noodles for padding if needed) and tie it with some parachute cord or something like that - or some metal gutter brackets? this si what I did: long ago I had a pool ladder with the crappy handrail set up like yours - plastic insert and metal tube U shape rail - dangerous if you ask me. too flexible and floppy for big people that really need a handrail. I bought a set of fancy confer stairs to go inside on my current pool and rigged up something on the outside using just the ladder of my old set and some scaffolding. After battling algae from the stairs in the pool I figured out I could just use the ladder on the inside and the stairs on the outside. my ladder has a place in the bottom to put a brick or other weight to keep it from floating, you might have to rig up something like a jug of sand to tie to the bottom in the back. I have the top of mine tied to the railing and uprights on either side of it with double strands of parachute cord (intex pool) and have a stair pad draped over the top rail where it contacts the top of the pool. had pipe insulation (like pool noodle) on there for a while but figured out it wasn't really leaning much, most of the force was downward when you climb on it. the handrails on the stairs on the outside give a place to grab with hands. in your case you would need to find something. I would think about rigging up a handrail just on the deck out of 1 inch pipe and floor fittings that you screw down to the wood.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.