Help. I removed cover to find a foot of water left in my inground pool!!

Welcome! :wave: Some things to consider quickly:
- Find the source of the leak. If it's a tear, patch it and refill. If it's related to the drain (or hydrostatic valve if installed), close-off the drain and decide whether to repair yourself, see if anyone is available to repair, or just leave it closed.
- Condition of the liner? Is it still flexible or brittle? Did it start pulling away from the wall or attached areas near the coping that may require professional assistance?
- How old is the liner? 2012 as well? Maybe time to replace?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m hoping it is the drain. I spoke to someone and asked if that could be the problem. I was told if that was the case all the water would be gone. But if it is a gradual leak that may not be true
Sure. I guess it depends on if your water has finally stopped dropping, or if a hyrdostatic valve (if equipped) was partially stuck open at some point. It doesn't take much of a tear to lose water. They can be incredibly tough to find at times.

It could also be a very slow leak and the water level hasnt gotten to that spot yet, whether it is the drain or a pinhole in the cove.

I tried logging in on my desktop. Password didn’t work so I tried to reset. I’m not receiving the reset instructions. If there happens to be an admin person looming
Your post showed. Are you having some other issue trying to post here?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.