Help! I have metals

I do believe I have under estimated my pool volume. I may be closer to 25000 or more. After adding bleach etc re pool math I fell short of my goal. Added 32 oz borax. Didn't want TA go up any higher and added 20 oz bleach. So upset about this cloudy water. If it clears up in couple days, fine as long as those stains don't reappear.

FC 3
CC 0
Ph 7.3
TA 75
Ca 100
Cya 45

6:00 PM. FC fell to .5, ph to 7ish. Could be lower by I can't tell. Added 121 oz bleach. 71 oz borax....wish I'd never added the sequesturant cause it looked beautiful til then

Should I continue to run filter 24/7?

7pm...FC back up to 3
Added borax....ran out

Should I run filter overnight?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good to know. I imagine that's what it is. Put borax in filter for ph, nothing else has been added except the ascorbic acid and sequesturant. Also is it okay to swim in? My grandbaby is begging to go. Shallow end only though since it's still cloudy.

Because of cloudiness or treatment? Sprinkler is a good option. Just brushed, now all good and white again. FC held at 3.0 overnight and ph 7.2

Btw...my whole family thinks I've literally screwed up our pool .... All I'm hearing is but it was perfectly clear til you added the Sparkling Conquest. About ready to hand over the crown but they don't even know how to turn the pump on!

Can anyone answer if it's ok to swim....after sequesturant treatment 2 days ago? Water is cloudy with a powdery substance. Frustrated poolmom said doesn't recommend but need to know if because of cloudiness or chemicals? I know I'm driving y'all nuts...this is driving me nuts!

CC is 0

FC 4.5
CC 0
PH 7.3
TA 75
CH 125
CYA 45

Don't think Water is ever gonna clear! Still cloudy, minor improvement each day. White powdery substance settles in bottom overnight. I'm having to vacuum everyday. Anything else I can to clear this up like a clarifier or DE in my sand filter?

This is driving me nuts....slight yellowing already on pool steps. Sprinkled 1/2 c AA on steps. Yellow disappeared. Haven't even taken FC up to target yet and pool is still a tad cloudy w a small amount of residue on bottom from the sequestrant. So not looking forward to even the thought of putting more in due to a week of cloudy water. I'm about ready to give up!

This morn
FC 1.5
CC 0
Ph 7.3
TA 75
Cya 45

Added 1 gal bleach, FC 4.5

5:00 PM

FC 1

Added another gal bleach. This is getting expensive. Will have to wait til fri to get jacks magic pink.

Last edited:
FINALLY...crystal clear. Aren't y'all glad? FC only dropped 1.5 overnight. Trying to vac the rest of the setiment off bottom but it keeps raining everytime I pick up the pole!

EDITED....Well, not so fast.....how bout not so crystal clear water? Looks pretty clear but I turned my light on tonight and it looks like clouds floating around. Running filter overnight. I'm at a loss as what to do. Can someone chime in or should I start a new thread?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.