Help! I can not clear up pool water

When adding chemicals it's best to measure them out. You get better results. Might want to pick up a plastic measuring cup for pool chemicals.

The liquid pool shock is usually on a pallet in an end cap area of the pool supplies. If you went to Hudson FF after you pass the cashiers you go left down the aisle and pass through sporting goods almost to the end of the isle where the bicycles and outside exit door are. On your left about three rows from the end will be pool supplies and the pallet of liquid pool shock is right on that isle stacked against the pool supply row.

If you aren't using the skimmer how is the pump drawing water in to filter ??

Attachments

• measuring container plastic.jpg
    measuring container plastic.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 33
Tested the Chlorine again this morning. Water looks real good.
I have .2 for FC
and .02 for CC
Can test the CYA for a week. Added the Stabilizer yesterday. I'm to grasp how to switch over from Chlorine tabs to bleach. How easy is it to maintain with bleach and how do you know how much to add?

If I do the pool math and enter .2 for the first box and leave it 4 on the second with 8.3% bleach it tells me to add 3.6 OZ. By weight is set to unknown and by volume it is set to trichlor. ???

Effects of adding chemical calculator says if I add 3.6 oz of 8.25% bleach will raise my FC .04

Am I on the right track?

Tested the Chlorine again this morning. Water looks real good.
I have .2 for FC
and .02 for CC
Can test the CYA for a week. Added the Stabilizer yesterday. I'm to grasp how to switch over from Chlorine tabs to bleach. How easy is it to maintain with bleach and how do you know how much to add?

1) On 12th July, you indicated that you have a K-2006. If you are using that to test, then I believe you might have made a typo with your FC/CC levels. Also, I would advise switching to a 10ml sample for FC/CC - each drop would count as 0.5ppm, it saves reagent and is precise enough.
2) You add bleach based on your test results, enter them into PoolMath and dose accordingly.

I do have the K-2006. I used the 25ml (thanks for the info on the 10ml). Two scoops of R-0870. Then 10 drops of R-0870. Multiply by ooops! I used .02 instead of .2. So I have 2 for my FC and .2 for my CC (One drop to get the water from slightly pink to clear).

Is 4 a good target for FC?

Target FC depends on your CYA level, see the chlorine/CYA chart.
24 hours after adding CYA assume CYA is at the target level and set FC targets accordingly.

For PoolMath, you should use the "% sodium hypochlorite" (8.25%) rather than the % available chlorine.

Your post yesterday (19th July) indicates that you have added ~14oz of CYA, plus some pucks - how many have you used so far and what size?
You can also check "Effects of adding chemicals" at the bottom of PoolMath to gauge your current CYA levels.

Good target for FC depends entirely on what level of CYA you have.

You added about 1lb which should give you almost 20. For a CYA level of 20 the chart calls for a maintenance target of 3ppm FC but 4 should be OK.
If you're going to SLAM (shock) the pool you'll need to bring it up to 10ppm FC and maintain it.

Are you going to SLAM the pool or just go with maintenance ?? Your initial post was that you couldn't clear up the water. If it's still not clear then you need to SLAM.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be using the skimmer to keep the surface clean automatically and make sure to brush daily if possible to help keep the liner clean and also for circulation and stir up anything on the bottom to hopefully get it filtered out. Should cut down on your need to vacuum.

- - - Updated - - -

I do have the K-2006. I used the 25ml (thanks for the info on the 10ml). Two scoops of R-0870. Then 10 drops of R-0870.

You can get away with using one scoop and save some chemical ;)

If I do the pool math and enter .2 for the first box and leave it 4 on the second with 8.3% bleach it tells me to add 3.6 OZ. By weight is set to unknown and by volume it is set to trichlor. ???

Effects of adding chemical calculator says if I add 3.6 oz of 8.25% bleach will raise my FC .04

Am I on the right track?

Ignore the second line (% by weight and % by volume trichlor) as you are using bleach.
You add bleach based on "Add ___ of [8.25]% bleach".

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.