HELP! Hazy, turned Cloudy, turned Milky

JohnathanStein said:
Even after an all day rain, water was nice & clear last night:

TC: 3
pH: 7.4

Water seems fine, no complaints about feel, so I think I'll stop taking pH readings, as there seems to be no need to adjust TA. Looks like chlorine is holding fine, no doubt due to the floater tabs. Now, if I can find the air link in the inflatable ring, I'll be a happy camper.

Don't ignor pH completely...I check my pH at least three times per week. It can be a good guideline if something else is out of whack...check the chlorine everyday though...

JohnathanStein said:
It can be a good guideline if something else is out of whack
Guess I'll do it every other time, then.

Keeping in mind that I'm a "newbie" to drop testing & pool problems...what could pH indicate?

It can effect your TA...but it seems you are not testing TA...but a too high pH or especially a too low pH can cause skin or eye problems...when my pH is below 7.2 my skin gets itchy burny, while I am in the pool. My pH stays between 7.5 and 7.8. It makes swimming more comfortable...

It seemed that TA didn't change, unless I added MA; after adding, pH rose to 7.4 and stayed there (ph rises slower, the lower the TA, it seems). Since the TA goal is 80, and since I want to get rid of the small amount of MA left, I thought to bring down TA a bit, from the last reading of 120.

Haven't had any complaints or problems, just don't want to store MA if I don't have to -- and can't think of any other uses for it. It was quite useful to lower pH, when I needed to get rid of excess calcium from powdered chems, but I don't use those anymore -- and we never had skin/eye problems the past four years.

Will test everything Saturday night, though...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.