Help: Hayward Aquarite (T15 cell) no lights on.....

Jan 27, 2018
Mobile, Al
Hello All,
My Hayward Aquarite SWG with T15 cell has developed an issue.

When I turn the power on the "no flow" light will blink and then go out with the "generating" light then immediately coming on (as normal); however, no other lights will show including the "Power" light. Then after about 10 or 15 seconds the "generating" light will also turn off. So at that point the SWG seems to be off with exception the display screen will show. You can scroll through the display screen but I do no see where the salt level is listed?

Any input would be appreciated. I didn't check the fuse but I assume nothing would work if it were blown.

God Bless,
Ralph

Hello All,
My Hayward Aquarite SWG with T15 cell has developed an issue.

When I turn the power on the "no flow" light will blink and then go out with the "generating" light then immediately coming on (as normal); however, no other lights will show including the "Power" light. Then after about 10 or 15 seconds the "generating" light will also turn off. So at that point the SWG seems to be off with exception the display screen will show. You can scroll through the display screen but I do no see where the salt level is listed?

Any input would be appreciated. I didn't check the fuse but I assume nothing would work if it were blown.

God Bless,
Ralph

Same thing happened to ours (exactly as you'very described). I Google and found many people talking about replacing a particular part (limiter). I replaced the entire board and it still didn't help. I'm pretty sure we need a new cell, but too late in the year for me to bother with it for now.

Thanks for the quick input. Yes, I saw where folks were noting the limiter issue so I may end up replacing that. I was just hoping for some input before doing such. I am currently running a single speed pump so there is no issue with flow speed. That shouldn't account for all of the lights being out I wouldn't think?

God Bless,
Ralph

You can jump out the flow switch just to see if that's the problem but not leave it like that. If you have a spare phone wire you can cut it off a few inches from the end and twist the 2 center wires together.

Thanks for all the replies.

The issue is with the thermistor or limiter and I could see where the sides were coming apart. I also came across a post where someone suggested squeezing it to see if the "Power" light would then come on and if so the thermistor was bad. I did so and indeed the Power light did come on upon squeezing it. However, the outer part of the limiter then crumbled apart.

My pool water is in excellent shape at the moment so I will go ahead and order one of those and get it installed asap. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Ralph

Order 2. Mine seem to blow every two years and it is a very easy fix if you have any soldering experience. I always keep a spare so I can change it out quick when it goes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.