Ferndale, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am at a virtual trade show this week and I forgot until now that we have a hard freeze tonight in Michigan and my pool store is closed. my pool is open and it's not being heated right now. do I need to turn on the heater? Am I ok? the low is 35 tonight.

Water will not freeze below 32F so you are no where close to having any issues. Even if the low was predicted to be 20F, it will take many hours to freeze the plumbing.

I'm thinking maybe that is a type-o, but even if you mean to type 25 degrees, it will be fine as long as the pump is running. We get down to the mid 20's a couple of nights a year and do not winterize. Heck some years it can it the teens for a night or two.

sorry someone said Hard freeze on FB and was bringing in plants, and then I looked and it said 35. lol I've had a margarita. thank you!!

I personally wound not. I know my freeze protection kicks on at or near 35 degrees, but that seems to be a bit of overkill. Even if they are off by a few degrees and you spend an hour or two at 31/32 you should be fine.

Reactions: EmilyOTR
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.